Subject: Re: more not 8 bits clean
To: Marc Baudoin <babafou@ensta.fr>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1995 18:43:23
Hi,

on Fri, 1 Sep 1995 12:05:42 +0200 (MET DST) Marc Baudoin wrote
concerning "more not 8 bits clean" something like this:

> The more command bundled with NetBSD-current (I checked the latest sources)
> is not 8 bits clean.  Is it planned to fix it? Maybe the 4.4BSD-Lite2 code
> fixes it...

The NetBSD more is actually some (old) Version of less. There is already
a PR stating this problem. However its state is still open.

However, if my memory serves me right, there was no fix given in that PR.
I think, if you would update more (using a more recent Version of less) and
send in patches, someone would eventually put them in the tree.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until someone else finds the time to do so.

Bye, Rolf