Subject: Re: ZIP drives
To: None <explorer@iastate.edu, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1995 11:08:56
> Is anyone else playing with one of these little buggers?

> If so, I'd like to discuss working on a removable media system of
> some sort so these drives can be used without root access.

	I have one, and have thus far written a couple of setuid progs which
mount and unmount (with obvious security holes there), one of which does a
newfs, mounts on /zip, and creates a dir owned by the person running it that
is writable on the disk. (It asks "are you sure? (y/n)" of course :)

	I'd do more with security, but since non of my machines are (as of
yet) plugged into anything outside of my home net, security is not yet an
issue ..

	I'd be glad to help implement whatever ideas people may have.

Cheers,
Phil