Subject: Sun4? Not listed.
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/1995 10:26:36
	After struggling all night with SunOS 4.1.4, I'm willing to
consider installing NetBSD.  I have a Sun4/260 with 16 meg of RAM and
600 meg of disk.  I am not too particularly interested in active
development, but am interested in new features, and keeping up with
the Joneses.

	The WWW site lists 1.0 as available for the Sun3 and the
Sun4[cm] ... but not the Sun4 (plain).  (SunOS certainly makes this
distinction with their #!!#%&^!*%! install.)  It mentioned that the
current version was much more likely to be ported to any particular
architechure.

	I'd like to know what my options are.  The machine is
currently running SunOS 4.1.1 (ish) and has a cartridge drive along
with it's two 300 meg drives.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |