Subject: another kdump problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/24/1995 09:54:43
I noted when ktracing Wine that it called lots of "unimplemented" SYSV
IPC syscalls.  I was very surprised, becaus I knew I had compiled them
in.  So I checked around, and found that it was indeed linked in.  So
I checked kdump, and found out that it includes sys/kern/syscalls.c
without any option defines defined.  So of course it says
"unimplemented", when in fact, they are.  I could leave it at this as
I now know the reason, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I really hate to see such static behaviour, the old maxpartitions
problem springs to mind.  Perhaps it would be possible to have a
sysctl (or maybe there already is) to report what syscalls,
emulations, filesystems, cdevs, bdevs, etc are enabled in a given
kernel.  Anybody wanting me to look into it?

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden