Subject: Re: ccd and ffs resizer...
To: Jeremy C. McDermond <mcdermj@PEAK.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/24/1995 13:17:15
Ooo! A nit I can pick! :-)

On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Jeremy C. McDermond wrote:

> AIX's LVM is quite a bit differently architected than anything in NetBSD so
> far as I know - even as far as the FS - JFS != FFS.  Also recall that resizing
> of that nature is a 3 step process - you have to extend the volume group, the
> underlying logical volume (partition) and then the file system.

Actually, my experience is that you can do it as a 2 step process. Though
I always do it the way you describe. If you just go and extend a JFS, the
system will automagically extend the logical volume for you (actually, I
think you can enable or disable this "feature"). The reason I don't use
this 2 step method is that I often do not agree with where the new space
gets put. :-)

> Comments from the AIX peanut gallery.

Rebuttals from the cashew deck. :-)

Take care,