Subject: Re: ccd and ffs resizer...
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Jeremy C. McDermond <mcdermj@PEAK.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 23:05:35

>Probably, but not really *that* hard, or do you think so?  AIX does
>this in a two step process, first resize of the VG (volume group, not
>really like NetBSD's ccd, but comparable in this respect) and the
>resize of the FS.  Couldn't ccdconfig be made to at least *add* disks
>(and remove the last) to a non-interleaved ccd?  This is useful for
>things like running out of diskspace on a ccd device.

AIX's LVM is quite a bit differently architected than anything in NetBSD so
far as I know - even as far as the FS - JFS != FFS.  Also recall that resizing
of that nature is a 3 step process - you have to extend the volume group, the
underlying logical volume (partition) and then the file system.

Comments from the AIX peanut gallery.

>Niklas

Jeremy C. McDermond				mcdermj@CSOS.ORST.EDU
Technical Analyst				jeremy@XENOTROPIC.COM
Willamette Industries,Inc. 			#include <Standard Disclaimer>