Subject: Re: ufs filesystem tool: any interest?
To: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 12:03:35
On Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:27:53 +0200
 Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se> wrote:

 > In the view of ccd, this utility would be very interesting, I think.
 > If it could be made to work for things like including excluding disks
 > in a ccd device, I'd very much like to see it in the tree.  This of
 > course requires not only resizing, but also removing block ranges from
 > the middle of a fs, not only at the end.  Would this be hard?  Jason,
 > what do you think?

It's not clear to me that this is a trivial thing, but it's worth noting
that _I'm_ probably not going to have the time to dig into this a helluva
lot in the near future.

However, I'm not about to stop anyone from hacking on the ccd (I, in
fact, would encourage it, because there's _always_ room for improvement),
and I'm sure that any reasonable, backwards-compatible enhancements would
find their way into the distribution.