Subject: Re: ufs filesystem tool: any interest?
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1995 10:27:53
>>>>> "der Mouse" == der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> writes:

der Mouse> Is anyone interested in this?  And if so, should I send-pr
der Mouse> it as an enhancement, or put it up for ftp, or mail it out,
der Mouse> or what?

In the view of ccd, this utility would be very interesting, I think.
If it could be made to work for things like including excluding disks
in a ccd device, I'd very much like to see it in the tree.  This of
course requires not only resizing, but also removing block ranges from
the middle of a fs, not only at the end.  Would this be hard?  Jason,
what do you think?

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden