Subject: OSs coexisting with netbsd
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=C5ge_R=F8bekk?= <aagero@ifi.uio.no>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1995 13:56:49
Can NetBSD/i386 exist together with other operating systems? It seems
like, when I install netbsd on a i386, disklabel does not write the
correct geometrics to the partition table. Disklabel uses partition
#4, and shows different logical/physical sizes. When I then try to
install e.g. Linux, which uses partition table versus disk "slices",
the fdisk program on Linux can not create a new partition due to
illegal sizes in partition #4 created by disklabel. In a last attempt
to solve this, i booted netbsd and edited the partition table with
'fdisk -i', and that just had to wreck the disk, since I edited the
start/endpoints of the partition. Has anyone else seen this?

-aage