Subject: Re: Panic with -current Amiga/3000/12meg/RetinaZ3
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Aleksi Suhonen <ams@lenkkari.cs.tut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/1995 13:33:51
In message 199508210201.TAA29090@lestat.nas.nasa.gov  Jason Thorpe told
}-On Sun, 20 Aug 1995 17:58:15 -0500 (CDT)
}- "R. H. Wood" <dwood@rhw.pic.net> wrote:

}- > The panic states:
}- >
}- > 	panic: kmem_malloc: kmem_map too small
}- > 	Stopped at 0x8401e:    unlk   a6

}-Your kernel and mountd are probably out of sync .. It's probably wise to
}-rebuild the whole tree, but at least rebuild mountd.

}- >
}- > What can I do ... [the whole of the rest of the article removed]

I don't like people who (whether in news groups or on mailing lists) put
a few lines of answering text in the beginning of a quoted article and
leave the whole original article on even though it's not necessary thus
wasting a lot of bandwidth. This is especially frustrating if the original
article is long and you have to check the whole article for answers
(except there is only one and it's in the beginning). Why does the original
article need to be quoted at all?

--
	Aleksi Suhonen

(I'm sorry, but I've gotten very annoyed at this phenomenon
and I had to get it out of my system.)