Subject: Re: Thoughts on removable media
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <hvozda@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/1995 14:28:30
On Sat, 19 Aug 1995 09:28:47 -0400  "John F. Woods" wrote:

> What I'm driving at, for those who've seen it, is something like the
> ability of the Mac to request floppies and other removable media on
> demand.  While those demands sometimes become irritating :-), it's
> more convenient than having to catalog media in a text file.

I like this idea about removable media being able to request media
changes (kinda like tapes and disk packs on Big Iron).

Instead of sending messages to the console tho, how about doing what dump(8)
does: send a message to operator or root for media changes.  Of course
if they're not logged in, no one wil lsee the mesage tho.  Kinda nicer than
doing icky stuff on console, but a hack none the less :-)