Subject: Re: Symlink ownership (let's go back)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1995 11:21:23
[Clarification of sym-links deleted]

Thanks for the clarification.  I can now see how they could be usefull.
However, I would like to see Apollo-Domain/OS style ACLs implemented for
the FFS.  Some of the things that you wish to do, could be more generically
done with ACLs, other would be more efficiently done with your sym-link
implementation.

Just pointing something out...

(Oh boy, here goes another can-o-worms...)

PS:
	Does anyone have some decent documentation on the implementation
of the FFS filesystem, and the VFS layer in particular?  The call interface,
etc, etc...

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner | Email: weingart@BrandonU.Ca | Need a Unix sys-admin?  |
| Box 27, Beulah, MB |-----------------------------| Send E-Mail for resume, |
| R0M 0B0, Canada    | Unix Guru, Admin, Sys-Prgmr | and other details...    |
|      %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown         |