Subject: panic: multiple frees
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/1995 03:15:21
For the last few days I've been trying to get a -current i386
machine running (Saturdays sources) and am encountering problems.

I'm seeing "panic: multiple frees" with network traffic and it's
quite reproducible.  It happens more frequently when bombarded with
NFS traffic but also happens quite regularly when bombarded with
"tar cvf | rsh tar xvf - " type activity... The stack trace
invariable has an "m_freem()" in it and somewhere further down the
loop has epintr() or epget() in it...

The machine is a generic i386/33 with an aha1542CF and a 3c509.  The
machine bombarding it has a 3c509 in it as well...

Christos? Were you seeing similar weirdnesses? Anyone?