Subject: INPUT_LEFT macro?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@ncremp.ag.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/1995 11:42:11
Well here I am subjecting myself to a learning experience. I'm porting a
program to NetBSD to discover that this program uses internal variables
in the FILE structure which don't exist on NetBSD and apparently on other
BSD'ish systems.

	#define INPUT_LEFT(__fp) ((__fp)->_cnt > 0)

Apparently the _cnt field represents characters left in an input buffer..
not having a system in front of me which uses that I can't say for sure.
Could someone clarify it for me?

Anyway, poking around in FILE* is not particularly portable, so I'm coming
up with alternative solutions. Suggestions?

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phil Knaack