Subject: Re: name service (does anyone else see this?)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1995 17:41:25
In article <DCyAJ2.Ess@endicor.com>, Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com> wrote:
> BTW, another interesting excersize is to ping the broadcast address...
> [...]

More ways to abuse your network stack (the computer equivalent of ants
and a magifying glass): set the IF address to the broadcast address
(makes SunOS queasy).  Abuses of multicast are left as an excersize to
the reader.

ObDNS: further results: StunOS can live with and resolv hosts with only
the broadcast address listed in resolv.conf! (though what happens if
multiple nameds are running I don't know). AS225 B2R5 can resolve
nothing.

[I'm waiting for PETCS (People for the Ethical Treatment of Computer
 Software) to put a price on my head...]

--
Ty Sarna                "I guess one person _can_ make a difference,
tsarna@endicor.com       but usually they shouldn't" -- Marge Simpson