Subject: Re: CVS & import scripts
To: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1995 15:12:40
[ On Fri, August  4, 1995 at 01:45:58 (-0500), vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: CVS & import scripts
>
> I'm not sure I see why you have to tag.  Seems to me that you just export
> the latest commited rev on the main branch.  That would leave just exporting
> and rm -fr'ing once each time (night?).
> Or, at worst, you could supply the -D date argument to export, using
> "yesterday" as your date.

Yes, the -D option might do the trick.

Not you cannot get just the latest rev on the main branch.  From the manual:

            .... This command requires  that  you  specify  a
          date  or  tag (with -D or -r), so that you can count on
          reproducing the source you ship to others.

My philosophy about release management is so against using dates to mark
versions that I rarely remember the option exists!  ;-)

In this case it should suffice.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>