Subject: Re: nfs_fsync: dirty:
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1995 11:43:47
> nfs_fsync: dirty: type VREG, usecount 2, writecount 1, refcount 2,
> 	tag VT_NFS, fileid 200 fsid 0x2402

I've noticed this with spec_fsync at shutdown time.  It happens if you
fasthalt, but not if you shutdown -h now.

Yeah, I know - now that we have clean bits, fasthalt has gone away.  But old
habits die hard.

In any case, I think the problem DOES stop filesystems "behind" specfs
in the mount list from syncing, which is a bad thing.

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key