Subject: ibcs mi?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1995 14:29:35
I have been thinking for about a year now of writing an emulation for
the NCR Tower 32 SVR3 Unix, just for being able to run Informix (for
"real" work) on my Amiga and for the fun of it.  This system is a
fairly standard SVR3 with some enhancements (symlinks and such).  At
first I didn't see any COFF emulations in the kernel so I started to
clone the ECOFF support, but in exec_conf.c I found a reference to
COFF in the ibcs2 emulation.  So I checked it out and found that ibcs2
provides COFF and x.out handling.  What I wonder is: is this truelly
MI code?  I mean the I in IBCS stands for Intel, so I was worrying
about endianess and such.  If I go ahead what should I do?  Extract
the COFF parts and make an exec_coff.[ch] set of files and use them
from ibcs2?  Otherwise, is it possible (even with performance penalty)
to run ZMAGIC 4k-paged files in an m68k8k environment without hacking
the VM system (I don't want to do that!)?

TIA

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden