Subject: Re: upgrade gcc to 2.7?
To: None <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1995 21:43:34
   Have you tried to compile any c++ code with g++-2.7.0? I don't understand
   how can fsf release the compile when it does not even compile groff?

Hey, come on, do you read the README files with software?  As ISO has
changed the standard dealing with scopes of decl in side the for-init
statements, so has G++ changed the rule.  THIS IS NOT A BUG!  Period.
If one cares, the info is there in big letters in the docs and in the
FAQs and in the newsgroups.  If you want to retain old behaviour use
-fno-for-scope, groff needs it.  You may know that dealing with
release issues isn't easy when you don't synchronize everything.
The FSF doesn't do this because it would be a too big burden (the
developper count is just too big, unlike the NetBSD core).

So don't ever use this argument again, please, I've seen it too many
times.

It's like saying NetBSD is buggy because off_t is 64 bit.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden