Subject: Re: /etc/default
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/1995 20:43:33
> Isn't all this talking really moot until somebody sits down and does the
> work?

Not at all.  I for one have offered to work on this, but I have much
better things to do with my time that implement features that no one
else wants.  So discussion _now_ to establish a concensus as to what
the NetBSD community and more importantly core think on the matter is
very important.

Personally, I've already got rc.d/* or as much of it as I need and
as I've said before, I can live without run-levels even they are more
flexible - I don't need them right now.  I have offered to try and do
the rc.d/* stuff properly (I'm mainly wrote rc.sh to do /etc/daily et
al where its flexibility is much more useful - if you are
administering a few or more systems), but not unless folk actually
want it.

--sjg