Subject: Re: boot time scripts (was: Re: /etc/default)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/1995 17:20:54
matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

>and /etc/init/DEPEND (or what ever) would contain what ever we need to
>have these ordered in some way, and then, maybe, the Makefile in
>/etc/init would order them in to /etc/boot.  and have /etc/rc be the
>script that does the 'for a in /etc/init/*; do . $a start; done'
>stuff.

A single file to be executed would do. If you aren't going to
edit or look at the 'compiled' versions you won't need individual
files either.

Ideally you still want a fixed /etc/rc that does some default
action in case of a damaged or non-existent startup file.

Regards,
--
                                Michael van Elst

Internet: mlelstv@serpens.rhein.de