Subject: i386 sound drivers.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1995 07:09:15
I just built -current on an i386 of mine and tried out the
soundblaster driver for the first time in a coons age.  I
was hearing brief snippets (approximate 1/10 sec in duration)
of sound followed by long chunks of silence (approx. 1 second
in duration) and the sound didn't actually sound like anything
except white noise.

It also took a long time for ^C to interrupt the process and
then several minutes after I pressed ^C, I gotta vm_fault
panic from within sbdrop() somewhere...

Anyhow, this is with outputting to /dev/audio.  My soundcard
is an ATI S-F/X which pretends to be a soundblaster.  It has
(in the past) worked as one under NetBSD...

Does this sound like anything familiar to anyone?