Subject: compressed filesystems?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1995 10:34:01
Getting away from the SV/BSD debate for a while...

I've got a bunch of files that are needed by applications used by
co-workers of mine.  They're about 4GB uncompressed, 350MB
compressed.  The problem is, the applications which use them aren't
capable of uncompressing on demand.  So, I was wondering:

Is there anything in NetBSD along the lines of a compressed
filesystem?  I realize that, if I were really industrious, I could
probably write a lkm to do this, but I don't think I'm that
industrious.  :)

TIA.

					Chris

--
**********************cjones@rupert.oscs.montana.edu**********************
* Chris  | "Nobody likes brain alteration!"                              *