Subject: Re: Ulimit problem
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1995 18:01:06
> process(processes)   40
> nofiles(descriptors) 64
>
> That limit of processes and fd's is just way too low, inetd is setting them
> when it forks (?) there must be a way to increase this? ( I run sendmail
> from inetd as it is part of our security policy)

Well I don't run sendmail from inetd and tried using procmail and
it also ocasionally dumps core on me (it seems like it does that when
a bigger bunch of mails comes in). So it probably has not anything
to do with inetd but with some kernel limits.

I would really like to find out what's causing this, too, because I
had to remove procmail from my system....

Blaz

P.S.: My machine is NetBSD/amiga running a fairly recent -current.

--
  Blaz Zupan, Ljubljanska 19/b, 62000 Maribor, Slovenia
     blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si, 2:380/104.40, GMIZO::BLAZ