Subject: how to read a crashdump?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1995 22:44:19
OK, having complained about mysterious hangs that X was preventing me
from understanding, I now have a kernel that just dumps and have been
rewarded not once but twice with kernel crashdumps (oh, joy!).  Can
someone give me a quick rundown on how to analyze a crashdump?  AND:
one of them was "panic: free: unaligned addr", which I thought I saw
someone claiming to have fixed, but I've lost any message which might
have said that...  does anyone recognize it?  (The other crash was
simply described by crashdump as "panic: trap", not terribly informative.)

This is on an i386, in case the dump analysis methods are completely
different between architectures.