Subject: Re: Adaptec 2940, Genoa Hornet II (ark1000) (was: Re: Need 2940 driver)
To: None <dwh@celtech.com, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry G. Juengst, ISKP, Bonn <juengst@saph1.physik.uni-bonn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1995 15:45:00
> > >         juengst@saph1.physik.uni-bonn.de (Henry G. Juengst, ISKP, Bonn)
>  said:
> [Henry G. Juengst sites a source for Adaptec 2940 drivers:]
> >
> > ftp://ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/NetBSD/misc_features/Stefan/kernel/scsi
> >
> > files:
> >
> > aic7xxx_4NetBSD-current.tar.gz
> > aic7xxx_4Netbsd-1.0.tar.gz
> > (hint from Chris, Chris_G_Demetriou@balvenie.pdl.cs.cmu.edu, thanks!)
> >

> Thanks, Henry.  Is this site (or these files) mirrored anywhere in the
> US?  I get "ftp: ftp.uni-mainz.de: Host name lookup failure" when
> I try to reach them.
>
>         Dave Hanna

% gethost ftp.uni-mainz.de
ftp.uni-mainz.de:
  official name of host: infosys.zdv.uni-mainz.de
  alias list:
  host address type:
    internetwork: UDP, TCP, etc. [AF_INET]
  list of address from the name server:
    134.93.8.129
% ping ftp.uni-mainz.de
infosys.zdv.uni-mainz.de is alive

Let me know if I should send the driver to you via email.

There should be no mirror site neccessary if the driver becomes
part of NetBSD-current (please). The driver works fine.

Henry