Subject: Re: Why is using "inline" as a variable name a parse error for our compiler?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.mira.net.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1995 08:33:43
Tobias Weingartner writes:
> In message <DBz6wt.6F2@deshaw.com>, Christos Zoulas writes:
> > In article <199507191209.IAA04311@pain.lcs.mit.edu> Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.C
> > MU.EDU (Chris G Demetriou) writes:
> > >
> > >I, for one, strongly encourage compiling with -Werror, to the point of
> > >having a strong desire to add it to the system Make rules for
> > >'standard' programs.  If -Werror didn't exist, the Alpha port would
> > >have been ... a lot harder...
> > >

> > I am willing to put in the work to make the kernel compile with -Wall
> > if people think that it is useful.

Of course this will need not only the support of the core team, but also the
help of people with access to each of the machines that NetBSD runs on. I
have access to i386 and Alpha (and I'm willing to help this happen). Who's
got access to all the rest (and prepared to help)?

> I hope core agrees...

I do too. And if so, can we make this a goal for all new work too?

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street