Subject: Re: Ulimit problem
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@demon.net>
From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@cuci.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1995 16:23:34
"Neil J. McRae" <neil@demon.net> wrote:
>I've discovered why procmail gets stuck:

>process(processes)   40
>nofiles(descriptors) 64

>That limit of processes and fd's is just way too low, inetd is setting them
>when it forks (?) there must be a way to increase this? ( I run sendmail
>from inetd as it is part of our security policy)

Either change the sources to inetd, or have inetd start a shell script
instead of sendmail directly, make sure the shell script starts with root
privs, up the limits, then exec sendmail.
--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

Climate is what you expect.  Weather is what you get.