Subject: Quantifying performance of NetBSD?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/1995 18:39:45
Has anyone done any performance measurements of how well NetBSD
performs as an operating system?

For example, using Larry McVoy's `lmbench' suite, which I'm told is
becoming increasingly widely used and reported), or some other
microbenchmark suite?  Or Osterhout's microbenchmark suite?
Comparisons to ``Native'' OSes, or on x86 platforms, FreeBSD and
Linux, would be really interesting.  I don't have NetBSD on an
x86 or I'd try this myself.

All I'm aware of was the recent report to current-users about
sustainable interrupt rate, from ronald@cpm.com.my (Ronald Khoo),
who wanted to run a 16450 at 115200 without dropping characters,
and FreeBSD could do this but NetBSD couldn't...