Subject: Re: name service (does anyone else see this?)
To: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/1995 22:07:51
   I think the effort is better spent encouraging bind-4.9.3 to be
   incorporated in current.

   Paul Vixie really seems to want to release 4.9.3B24.

i've been running 4.9.3beta17 on my netbsd box for several months
now.  i'm waiting for 4.9.3 to be released, at which time i will
be netbsdifying it (not hard) and presenting it to core in the
hope they will incorporate it.

   PS and it still seems the authoritative nameserver lists held by org.
   servers are missing the entry for sunlamp.pc.cs.cmu.edu which is listed in
   those authoritative for netbsd.org. It's probably not a serious problem,
   but who knows with the heady brew of bugs in the nameservers running in the
   world today.

i believe this is because:

the `real' name servers for netbsd.org do not include sun-lamp, but,
it is in reality the primary NS for netbsd.org, and that the listed
NS's are all secondaries.  the NS's for netbsd.org from
ns.internic.net doesn't list sun-lamp, but, the NS's listed do list
sun-lamp as a NS for netbsd.org, and, there is this:

netbsd.org. 3600 SOA sun-lamp.pc.cs.cmu.edu. cgd.sun-lamp.pc.cs.cmu.edu. (

.mrg.