Subject: Re: netstat -g
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Richard H. Wood <dwood@rhw.pic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1995 06:44:59
According to Chris G Demetriou:

> > netstat -g gives the following error on my system (Mac IIcx):
> >
> > Multicast Forwarding Cache
> >  Hash  Origin           Mcastgroup       Traffic  In-Vif  Out-Vifs/Forw-ttl
> > netstat: kvm_read kvm_read: Bad address
> >     0  0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0               0        0
> >
> > The following are all built from July 10 sources: kernel, includes,
> > libc, libkvm, and netstat.
> >
> > What's wrong here?
> if there's no multicast routing code around, i'd assume it wouldn't
> work.  (i think it should give a better error message than that,
> though...  8-)

As indicated, I'm not -current, but as-of May 1 sup (Xdaniver isn't
up-to-current, yet), but...This looks okay to me:

root@rhw(bash)$ netstat -g
no multicast routing compiled into this system

root@rhw(bash)$ uname -a
NetBSD rhw.pic.net 1.0A NetBSD 1.0A (RHW) #4: Mon May  1 12:29:23 CDT 1995
dwood@rhw.pic.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/compile/RHW amiga