Subject: Re: name service (does anyone else see this?)
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@owl.dol-esa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1995 13:09:12
[yes this isn't current-users material, but I ask a question that I
want to send to others that may have the same problem]

> you made it sound like you'd just go along working on something, and
> then, "boom," all of a sudden it'd be gone, then it'd come back, then
> it'd be gone, etc.  if that's happening, it almost _has_ to be local
> configuration, or local network problems...

No, there's a variety of scenarios.  Sometimes I'd just go along
working on something, and then, "boom," all of a sudden it'd be gone,
until you run "nslookup www.netbsd.org" and sometimes it takes
"nslookup www.netbsd.org." with the trailing "."  and sometimes you
have to try both in alternation.  This problem has been happening for
months now.

Does anyone else see this?  Has anyone else ever fixed it?

> i've tried NetBSD.ORG from some pretty strange places

Do you always use the stUdlY caPs?  Does one have to use the stUdlY caPs?

~Ken