Subject: Re: problems compiling libg++-2.7.0a
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1995 12:35:22
> ./CursesW.h:360: `struct __window' has no member named `_begx'
> ./CursesW.h: In method `int CursesWindow::begy()':

I sent in patches for this and other problems after 2.6.2, but they
apparently weren't applied.

RCS file: RCS/CursesW.h,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -c -r1.1 CursesW.h
*** 1.1 1995/02/28 22:44:24
--- CursesW.h   1995/02/28 22:45:10
***************
*** 31,36 ****
--- 31,47 ----
  #include   <curses.h>
  }

+ /* NetBSD uses different field names. */
+ #ifdef __NetBSD__
+ #define _maxx maxx
+ #define _maxy maxy
+ #define _curx curx
+ #define _cury cury
+ #define _y lines
+ #define _begx begx
+ #define _begy begy
+ #endif
+
  /* SCO 3.2v4 curses.h includes term.h, which defines lines as a macro.
     Undefine it here, because CursesWindow uses lines as a method.  */
  #undef lines

Fix.cc will also give you trouble (I'm using a non-context diff to
save space here):

RCS file: RCS/Fix.cc,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 Fix.cc
301c301
<   Fix X(x->len), Y(y->len);
---
>   Fix X((int)x->len), Y((int)y->len);
371c371
<   Fix Y(y->len);
---
>   Fix Y((int)y->len);
386c386
<     Fix S(r->len),
---
>     Fix S((int)r->len),

Finally, you need to add "#include <sys/types.h>" before the "#include
<sys/resource.h>" in both timer.c and libio/gen-params.  These changes
(in addition to a manual change to _G_Config after it's generated,
replacing "quad_t" with "long long") should make libg++ compile,
although there may still be run-time problems.  Some of them may have
been incorporated; I'm not sure.