Subject: new REPORT feature in chat working?
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1995 00:54:09
Is anyone out there actually trying to use the new REPORT feature in chat?

I've turned it on, and I _know_ I did that right, cuz I get a report
file.  But the only thing in the file is one line that says "report file
closed".  And I'm pretty sure I'm asking for the right stuff, since the
two strings I want reporting on are CARRIER and CONNECT.  I gotta be
getting at least the CONNECT, since chat finds the CONNECT that I expect
before sending my username.

Here's my chat file (actually, this is the prototype, before the various
pseudo-symbols are replaced with sed):

ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIAL"
TIMEOUT 10
"" AT
OK-AT-OK AT&FE1V1L1M0&A3&B1
OK ATDT$NUMBER
TIMEOUT 60
REPORT CONNECT
REPORT CARRIER
CONNECT ""
ogin:--ogin: $LOGIN
word: $PASSWD

| Paul Goyette            | Key available via finger or key server |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0   |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6   |