Subject: NFS - RPC client credentials too weak
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Irving Reid <irving@platform.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/1995 15:00:49
I'm trying to NFS mount from a NetBSD-current server to an Ultrix 4.2a
client.  The Ultrix NFS implementation is ancient and crufty.

Mounting by hand works OK; sometimes I get an RPC authentication error,
but the directory is still mounted.  When I try to mount the file
system with automount, the mount fails and automount logs:

Jul 12 14:38:58 localhost.platform.com: 5836 automount:
raminsh:/pub/ftp server not responding: RPC: Authentication error; why
= Client credential too weak

Is there anything I can do, either to the NetBSD machine to get it to
lighten up about RPC credentials, or to the Ultrix box to get it to
authorize properly?

 - irving -