Subject: interleaved swap access, further investigated
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1995 17:08:39
This is a user-level investigation report ;-)

After shrinking my primary swap, it seems now obvious to me that the code in
-current only starts interleaving the pages between the drives when the
remaining space in the larger swap-area is roughly equal the remaining space
in the secondary swap area:

zappa# pstat -s
Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
/dev/sd0b       60480    27960    32520    46%    Interleaved
/dev/sd1b       38800     6080    32720    16%    Interleaved
Total           99280    34040    65240    34%

So I think the code is looking at the free space on each drive instead of the
percentage full.

Gruesse
	Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.