Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1995 20:36:17
   [ On Wed, July  5, 1995 at 17:27:55 (EDT), Greg Hudson wrote: ]
   > Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
   >
   > Are you unfamiliar with DESTDIR?  The source tree will happily use
   > include files and libraries installed in a private directory.

   But DESTDIR doesn't take care of the includes used by the live build
   (i.e. "make DESTDIR=/testroot build" doesn't seem to install in, and
   then use use the /testroot/usr/include files; at least not in the
   95Jun03 source tar files.

hmm...

# cd /usr/src/bin/ps
# ln -s / /foo           (*)
# make DESTDIR=/foo
cc -O  -nostdinc -idirafter /foo/usr/include -c /orb/q/src/src/bin/ps/fmt.c

(*) this is to get around depend problems.

this looks Just Fine to me.  in what way doesn't DESTDIR work for you ?

.mrg.