Subject: Re: Current kernel (NetBSD/Mac -current)
To: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1995 12:17:01
>1) I seem to get a lot of seemingly random program aborts.  When I use
>gdb to look at the .core file, it always says that the program exitted
>with a "bus error".  It happens quite a bit with ls especially, and it
>even happened to routed during my last boot.  But immediately reexecuting
>the same command almost always works.  This makes it "feel" like maybe
>the program tried to do some I/O, and then forgot to wait for the I/O to
>complete!

Also sounds like it could be hardware going bad.  Assuming this is
hardware that has worked fine in the past, maybe you have a memory
chip dying, or the fan/heat sink worked loose on your CPU, or....

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4, PC532,
                           DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), DEC/AXP (Alpha)
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX and others...