Subject: trouble with (new) lint
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/1995 10:06:28
Okay, I have a source tree up-to-date according to sup as of 08:53
Eastern, July 4th.  When I try to "make build" it, I get

===> usr.bin
[...]
===> xlint
===> lint1
[...]
===> lint2
[...]
===> xlint
[...]
===> llib
lint -Cposix llib-lposix
lint: not found
*** Error code 1

So I go and "make install" by hand in lint1, lint2, and xlint, and
restart ("make && make install" from /usr/src).  It chugs its way along
until

===> xlint
===> lint1
===> lint2
===> xlint
===> llib
lint -Cposix llib-lposix
llib-lposix:
types.h(68): syntax error
*** Error code 1

Is this just something else that is getting used before it's installed,
or is there something more serious wrong?  For now, I've just yanked
the xlint entry out of the SUBDIR list in /usr/src/usr.bin/Makefile (I
find gcc -Werror -W -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-uninitialized to be more
useful than lint anyway), but this surely is not the correct fix.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu