Subject: Re: Problems with identd?
To: None <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/1995 13:06:48
   I bring up a PPP connection to school to transfer a few files.  U of T wraps
   all login and FTP requests with an identd probe.

   I notice that login and FTP requests take ~20 seconds to connect.  Also:

     PID TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
     157 ??  R      2:39.36 identd -w -t60 -l -o -e -N
     163 ??  R      1:39.40 identd -w -t60 -l -o -e -N

You need to rebuild identd (or better, just turn it off) after the
recent netinet changes.  If it still doesn't work, tell me, or submit
a PR.  I didn't make the identd changes, but I'll look at it.