Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
To: None <kstailey@eagle.dol-esa.gov, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Antti Miettinen <apm@kikka.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/30/1995 23:02:20
>> >Did you "cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install"?
>
>> If that were necessary, it should be added to the build target.
>
>But can you replace the makefiles while you are running them?

I thought about this (after I had mailed - shame on me) and had
already come to the conclusion that something has to be assumed about
the build environment and this is one of the things that has to be
done manually. We also have to assume that the other tools (cc, as,
ar, ld etc) are already correctly installed. So this seems to be a
matter to be solved by user education.

I suppose it would be too hard to try to figure out how we could
bootstrap assuming that some of the tools might be out of date