Subject: Re: Compile of routed in -current ? ....
To: None <mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au>
From: Antti Miettinen <apm@kikka.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1995 13:11:05
I'd just like to add a little data point to this discussion.

mrg@mame.mu.Oz.Au writes:
>i agree fully with this.  infact, i believe it works right now,
>except s/install/build/ for the make command.

I just tried make build with an empty DESTDIR. My sources are supped
from wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de at about 24th. Currently build fails
first because curses.h is not installed. Should the build target be
fixed or should curses.h be moved?

Later build fails when it tries to install things, because the
directory hierarchy has not been created. I did make distrib-dirs in
etc to get past this. I suppose build target should be fixed to do
this also?

When I left home the build was still runing. I'll report how it goes
when I get back home.

I would like to be able to cross compile the whole system so I'm
interested in these issues.