Subject: Info on multi-modem cards
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefano Gobbo <gobbo@parproc3.elet.polimi.it>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/1995 15:41:27
Hi,

I'm in the need of allowing multiple remote phone connections on
my NetBSD-CURRENT host. I've seen advs of multiport modem cards (i.e.
Xircom Netaccess Multiport Modem Card). Apparently, this could be
a great solution, allowing multiple serial connections without bothering
with cords, modems, terminal servers et al.

Has anybody out there a know how in regard?
Since a driver doesn't seem to exist for such cards, how to handle these
cards in NetBSD? The adv I looked at speaks of configuring it as multiple
COM ports.

Any suggestion is (uhu, strange) welcome.

Thanks in advance
Stefano Gobbo
Politecnico di Milano - Italy