Subject: Re: compile woes, and broken termcap for xterms?
To: None <windsor@pobox.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/1995 17:30:37
>From: Rob Windsor <windsor@punk.weru.ksu.edu>
>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 14:44:49 -0500

>flex -t -p /usr/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/lex/scan.l > scan.c
>"/usr/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/lex/scan.l", line 68: bad character: %

>Did I miss a step?

Yes:

cd /usr/NetBSD/src/usr.bin/lex
if [ -h obj ]; then
  cp initscan.c obj/scan.c
else
  cp initscan.c scan.c
fi

>Also, whatever changed in the termcap for xterm has made it impossible to
>page small files.
>
>To prove my point, try this:  "more /etc/mygate" while in an xterm (if you
>                               are on ethernet)

Does this still exist?  When it happened to me I threw up my hands
and installed less-290.  It's a bug in more, not in the termcap entry.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));