Subject: Re: Problems with identd?
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1995 15:46:43
On Jun 26, 11:26am, David Jones wrote:
} I notice that login and FTP requests take ~20 seconds to connect.  Also:
}
}   PID TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
}   157 ??  R      2:39.36 identd -w -t60 -l -o -e -N
}   163 ??  R      1:39.40 identd -w -t60 -l -o -e -N
}
} Is it normal for identd to consume over a minute of CPU time?  Only two identd
} probes were made as far as I know.  I can turn on logging in my firewall to
} make sure.  And why two processes?

  I saw this behaviour on my system because I am normally running a test
kernel.  Identd is looking at /netbsd for the kernel image, which doesn't
match the running kernel.  Once I changed inetd.conf to use the test kernel
I'm normally running, it worked fine [until June 24 that is].

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant