Subject: NFS over SLIP == boom
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Dobbs <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/23/1995 21:50:16
Yeah I know its dumb, but the machine at work compiles things SO much
faster than my wee 386/25.  So I figured what the hell and mounted some
stuff.

	NETBSD <-28.8-->Router/Etc<--28.8-> NETBSD <-ether-> NETBSD

On the end machine, I hit make install and things started to chug, then
boom.  Down goes the local machine running slip.  Nothing useful in the log
files.  Tried it twice: first time it just locked the machine solid.  No
response to pings.  Second time it just rebooted.

Is anyone else dumb enough to run NFS over SLIP?  Any luck?

-j