Subject: route and routed
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1995 09:28:13
   I just did a sup off the new server and a build. Everything seemed
to go fairly well, except that /etc/netstart got stuck trying to
"route add $hostname localhost". Control-C would allow it to continue,
and the route was not added. I stuck an ampersand on that line, and now
the system comes up cleanly and with the local route. This makes me
suspect that route is looking for routed (which isn't up yet in
/etc/netstart) and won't continue unless it finds it. Has anyone else
seen this? Thanks.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts