Subject: Errors in compiling CURRENT
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefano Gobbo <gobbo@parproc3.elet.polimi.it>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1995 11:06:55
Hi once more,

maybe you're feeling tired to here of me, but...

Still trying to compile CURRENT.
I have resolved previous problems (thanks to everybody who answered me)
and I went on to build the system.

I have encountered two kinds of problem:

1. compilation error in building src/usr.bin/kdump and src/usr.bin/netstat.
   Here follows the message in the former case:

   cc -O -I/usr/src/usr.bin/kdump/../ktrace   -c ioctl.c
   ioctl.c: In function `ioctlname':
   ioctl.c:43: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
   ioctl.c:77: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
   *** Error code 1

   the extract from ioctl.c:

   43    if (val == SIOCGETSGCNT)
   44          return ("SIOCGETSGCNT");

   77    if (val == SIOCGETVIFCNT)
   78          return ("SIOCGETVIFCNT");

   and from the include files:

   /usr/include/sys/sockio.h:
   #define SIOCGETVIFCNT   _IOWR('i', 51, struct sioc_vif_req)/* vif pkt cnt */
   /usr/include/sys/sockio.h:
   #define SIOCGETSGCNT    _IOWR('i', 52, struct sioc_sg_req) /* sg pkt cnt */

   Before beginning a long way digging thru the sources, I ask here for
   any GOOD news.

2. I skipped building these two package, and went on in building the whole
   thing. The second problem was encountered during the installation of
   the package in the src/usr.bin subdirs. Specifically, the process broke
   up when the tool to install needed the creation of links among bins and
   manuals (e.g. the AT command). The makefile installed correctly the
   bin and the man and failed in creating the links (well, I think so, since
   make gave no reasons of the errors).

As usual, I wait for you (still going on to try on myself).
Thanks
Stefano Gobbo