Subject: Re: dip package for NetBSD?
To: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1995 10:16:52
   That's the size of it.  Linux's dip package looks really neat, especially
   after I spent 3 months trying to write something similar in Perl using
   slattach (and re-writing slattach, too).

i tried to get this to work for me the other day, because i was sick of
the limitations of chat(8).  i was not, um, impressed at all.  beyond having
to port a system v style program (not posix), i found something that was
extremely attached to linux-specific functionality, and would really need
a full re-think to work for netbsd.

i may have the source i was working with still, however.  mail me if you want
a copy of it.

.mrg.