Subject: wierd st problems with new restore
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/1995 12:21:45
I'm having wierd errors when trying to restore old dump tapes.
(This is bad, right?) :)

I think I eventually got them working by using the rst0 device and performing
the restore command twice.  This is on a TDC-3800, which I believe is a
variable blocking qic drive, but I'm not so clear on tape drive lore.
Also, the new blocking factor is different and confusing to me :)

Sorry if this is already covered on the list, but I'm a month behind in my
mail lists.

     "I'm mad at numbers.  There are too many of them." - B&B
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Deal with evil through strength, yet encourage good through trust.    - PGP me